Monday, June 21, 2010

Days 41,42,43 - Lost weekend in Boulder, CO




Reaching roughly the halfway point of our trip we knew we would want to take some additional time off to thoroughly rest up and a weekend in Boulder sounded like just the ticket. Boulder is ridiculously beautiful with creeks running through town, the mountains an ever present back drop and what seams like an endless supply of dry sunny days. The people have a monied hippy vibe, with a few geniune eccentrics mixed in. It's the only place I've felt comfortable zipping off and reconnecting the legs of my tourist pants in public.




During our stay I ate some tasty food, saw a concert and hiked up to the flatirons, the large reddish brown shear faces of the mountains. The view was spactacular letting me see boulder canyon below and neighboring rocky peeks beyond. I wasn't accostumed muscles required for hiking and was spent out by the time I ascended the 2000 feet.

I was also able to meet up with my cousin Patrick and his family for dinner on Sunday, which I enjoyed thoroughly. Seeing friends and family while on the road really bolster you morale.

1 comment:

  1. Finally found your blog. Thanks for allowing me to travel vicarousley from Asheville. Met you early on, Rockwood, rain delay. Pizza at some small joint.

    ReplyDelete